I am Stijn Fincioen and I have been doing athletics for over 25 years now. In addition to being an athlete, I am also a ‘Trainer A’ [top-level trainer] for middle distance/long distance. I now pass on my experience and knowledge to my athletes at Olympic Brugge and the West-Vlaamse Alliantie (WVA) I was already there when Etixx was launched and I feel particularly good with these products. They provide good support alongside my daily diet. In 2019, I became an Etixx ambassador. I am happy that, as an ambassador, I can share my experiences with other athletes so that they can prepare themselves optimally according to their personal goals.
Athletics -> West-Vlaamse Alliantie (WVA) and Olympic Brugge
Number of hours’ training per week
"Dream Believe Achieve"
My favourite Etixx products
The Etixx Isotonic thirst-quencher is my fuel during long training sessions and competitions. I always use the Recovery Shake PRO LINE after strenuous training sessions, longer endurance training sessions and competitions. The Etixx Sport Hydro Tab is fantastic when training in hot conditions, because that is when I lose a lot of fluid. I also use the new health supplement Collagen Complex in course form for my weak tendons, which have a lot to contend with during my many training sessions and competitions.
My greatest sporting achievements
- Belgian marathon champion (2013)
- Belgian marathon runner-up (2011, 2014)
- Belgian half marathon runner-up (2012, 2018)
- Bronze at Belgian Championship half marathon (2017)
- European Championship half marathon masters runner-upM35 (2016)
- European Champion half marathon masters M35 national qualifier (2016
- Six-time Belgian masters champion M35
- 5th place in World Championship half marathon masters M35 (2018)
- more than 20 marathons completed including Berlin/London/Rotterdam/Mumbai/Eindhoven/Visé/...
- 7x winner of the Nacht van Vlaanderen in Torhout (5x in the marathon, 2x in the half marathon)
My personal records
- 1.500m: 00:03:59
- 3 000m: 00:08:28
- 5 000m: 00:14:27
- 10km: 00:30:14
- 10 miles: 00:49:03
- Half marathon (21km): 01:05:00
- Marathon (42km): 02:17:00
My #GiveItYourAll moment in 2022
There are currently no dates for major events due to Covid-19 measures. But I am hoping that I will perform well again in the various championships on the track and the road.
My social media
- Instagram: @stijnfin and @west_vlaamse_alliantie
- Website: www.stijnfincioen.weebly.com
Discover more ambassadors
Running, cycling, swimming and strength training
I have been doing sport since I was young and it’s super to inspire and motivate people through my blog or Instagram channel. Etixx products improve my performance and I exercise more efficiently. My 1st marathon would not have been a success without Etixx!Read more
Hello, I am Thomas De Bock, 30 years old and working as a doctoral student at the research group of sports management at UGent. In between working hours I run a lot of kilometres, mostly in preparation of a marathon. In the past, I have already tasted European and World Championships but I still have two major goals in my athletics career, namely to run under 2h10 at the marathon and qualifying for the Olympic marathon in 2024.Read more
CrossFit, weightlifting and bobsleigh
I am 23 years old and just graduated as a master in LO & Movement Sciences. I grew up in a gym and did competitive gymnastics until I was 18 years old. Then I made the switch to CrossFit and since a year also weightlifting. I live for sport, also academically and really any sport can fascinate me. I have big ambitions for the future and I am determined to achieve them one by one.Read more