Marcel Van Delft
Cycling, mountain biking and running - my name is Marcel from Delft, an avid cyclist, who has been cycling since 2005. I have a broad interest in cycling sports and regularly wearing a number on my shirt for a training race is good for the adrenaline. I like to share my passion for the sport and in doing so I try to inspire and motivate others. In 2019, I was asked to become an ambassador for Etixx NL, which I agreed to with very little hesitation because I was already very familiar with Etixx through the cycling world. I am proud of the support Etixx gives me to achieve my (sporting) goals and I am very happy use my experience with Etixx products to help other athletes.
- Mountain biking
Number of hours’ training per week
"More Pain, More Gain."
My favourite Etixx products
- Multimax. The perfect supplement to my daily diet. At breakfast, I take 2 tablets to give my body the right amount of daily vitamins and minerals, which keeps my body in top condition for optimum performance.
- Magnesium Instant Stick. I take this 2 hours before I go to sleep, which makes me sleep more peacefully and my body absorbs the magnesium better.
- Isotonic. My favourite isotonic sports drink for years, I always have some in the cupboard. This definitely goes in my drinking bottle for competitions/training sessions.
- Energy Sport Bar and the Nutritional Energy Gel. These are always in the back pocket of my cycling shirt
- Carbo-Gy I use this carb-loader in preparation for a competition and during long endurance training sessions, as well as in the winter months because you can drink it warm.
- Recovery Shake PRO LINE. I take this immediately after more intensive training sessions or long, endurance training sessions to replenish any lack of proteins and calories. This means my muscles can recover in an ideal way. A truly top product!
My personal records
- 14x “Friese fietselfstedentocht” (The “Eleven Cities Cycling Tour” in Friesland)
- Rondje Nederland
- Schleck Granfondo
My #GiveItYourAll moments in 2021
Friese fietselfstedentocht (24 May 2021) and 5km van Alphen (7 March 2021)
My social media
Discover more ambassadors
Ambassador since 2020
Kayak - Etixx has now been my sports nutrition partner for 1 year. With the help of their products, I have managed to gain an extra 4kg of muscle mass without gaining any fat. Etixx is very helpful in providing support on nutrition advice. The group of ambassadors is an extremely nice and tight group and I feel that all the ambassadors can count on each other.Read more
Ambassador since 2019
Bobsleigh - After a (youth) career in athletics, I switched to the Belgian bobsleigh team. After a few years, I retrained from brakewoman to pilot, while also completing my Masters in physiotherapy. In 2015, I was employed part-time by Sport Flanders as pilot and I am now about to start my 10th bobsleigh season. Qualifying for the Olympic Winter Games in 2018 was an amazing feeling and made me dream of doing more in 2022, in Beijing. I now practise my sport full time, while also being a proud Godmother to my nephew, the apple of my eye. I am very proud to be part of the Etixx ambassadors team, a super-talented and motivated group of athletes and sports enthusiasts. Being supported by such a professional company with good-quality, clean products gives me an extra push to achieve my dream of a top result in Beijing 2022!Read more