Marcel Van Delft
Cycling, mountain biking and running - my name is Marcel from Delft, an avid cyclist, who has been cycling since 2005. I have a broad interest in cycling sports and regularly wearing a number on my shirt for a training race is good for the adrenaline. I like to share my passion for the sport and in doing so I try to inspire and motivate others. In 2019, I was asked to become an ambassador for Etixx NL, which I agreed to with very little hesitation because I was already very familiar with Etixx through the cycling world. I am proud of the support Etixx gives me to achieve my (sporting) goals and I am very happy use my experience with Etixx products to help other athletes.
- Mountain biking
Number of hours’ training per week
"More Pain, More Gain."
My favourite Etixx products
- Multimax. The perfect supplement to my daily diet. At breakfast, I take 2 tablets to give my body the right amount of daily vitamins and minerals, which keeps my body in top condition for optimum performance.
- Magnesium Instant Stick. I take this 2 hours before I go to sleep, which makes me sleep more peacefully and my body absorbs the magnesium better.
- Isotonic. My favourite isotonic sports drink for years, I always have some in the cupboard. This definitely goes in my drinking bottle for competitions/training sessions.
- Energy Sport Bar and the Nutritional Energy Gel. These are always in the back pocket of my cycling shirt
- Carbo-Gy I use this carb-loader in preparation for a competition and during long endurance training sessions, as well as in the winter months because you can drink it warm.
- Recovery Shake PRO LINE. I take this immediately after more intensive training sessions or long, endurance training sessions to replenish any lack of proteins and calories. This means my muscles can recover in an ideal way. A truly top product!
My personal records
- 14x “Friese fietselfstedentocht” (The “Eleven Cities Cycling Tour” in Friesland)
- Rondje Nederland
- Schleck Granfondo
My #GiveItYourAll moments in 2021
Friese fietselfstedentocht (24 May 2021) and 5km van Alphen (7 March 2021)
My social media
Discover more ambassadors
Ambassador since 2020
Running, Cycling and fitness - I am a happy Brabant girl, who swapped going to the pub for running. After I beat breast cancer in 2011, I made a change of direction. It seems it was a good decision as I’m still very passionate about it. Hopefully, there will be many more great times over the various distances; I actually enjoy all distances. I am now back on the road after an injury. I am very happy that Etixx has continued to believe in me, and with their products I am convinced that there are still many good things ahead in terms of running. I am very grateful for this wonderful support, it helps me to recover faster and be able to train harder so I can reach my goals.Read more
Ambassador since 2020
Kayak - Etixx has now been my sports nutrition partner for 1 year. With the help of their products, I have managed to gain an extra 4kg of muscle mass without gaining any fat. Etixx is very helpful in providing support on nutrition advice. The group of ambassadors is an extremely nice and tight group and I feel that all the ambassadors can count on each other.Read more