High Protein fluff
Friday 06 November 2020
Our body not only needs protein for its growth but also for its maintenance. The healing of wounds, the defense against pathogens, cell renewal and the creation of muscle tissue after physical activity springs to mind. Our muscles have the highest concentration of protein of all tissues, i.e. 22%. For this reason, the daily dietary pattern of an athlete (professional or recreational) needs to contain high-quality protein sources, in order to restore and rebuild muscles, ligaments and bones after physical exercise. Muscles ensure that our body can store more carbohydrate reserves and that the amount of mitochondria increases which results in a higher energy production. The recipe below is very suitable to replenish your additional protein in a different way than a classic shake. Protein, but in an airy fluff. This banana-chocolate high protein fluff is perfect as an afternoon snack or after a training. Super delicious and a real winner!
What do you need?
- 1 frozen banana
- 9 ice cubes
- 2 banana flavour drops
- 1 scoop of Etixx protein chocolate
- 5 gr raw cacao powder
- A blender
- A hand blender/beater
- A large bowl
- Put the frozen banana in a blender and grind well.
- Add the ice cubes and crush them (you need a sturdy blender for this).
- Pour the banana-ice mixture into a bowl.
- Add the flavour drops, protein powder and cacao and mix with a hand blender or beater for at least 5 minutes until you have a fluffy mass. Make sure to use a large enough bowl, because the mixture will double in seize while whisking.
- Present the fluff in an nice bowl or jar and enjoy!
In collaboration with the Etixx Ambassador Charlot Pauwels (Cook A Lot).
For more recipes go to: