Vegan lentil curry
Friday 06 November 2020
On an intense training day, an athlete should aim for an intake of 1.2-1.7 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. For a vegan who eliminates all animal foods from his diet, this is no easy task. The recipe below from our Etixx ambassador Charlot Pauwels contains no ingredients of animal origin and is rich in vegetable protein sources. Extremely suitable, therefore, for vegetarian or vegan athletes.
Kcal 485 - 61g carbohydrates - 13g fat - 25g protein
What you need (for 1 serving)
- 80g couscous
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 80g red lentils
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes
- 150ml vegetable stock (low-fat)
- 150g baby spinach
- 200g cauliflower
- 25g peanuts
- 75ml coconut milk (alpro cuisine coconut)
- Pepper and salt
- 1 big tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp chilli
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Peel and shred the onion and garlic. Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Briefly stew the onion and garlic. Then add the cauliflower and simmer. Add the curry paste and season with salt and pepper, ginger powder, chilli, cumin and garam masala. Let the spices cook well with the cauliflower.
- Then add the diced tomatoes, lentils and vegetable stock. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous.
- Add the coconut milk to the curry and also add the spinach. Leave to thicken for a while.
- Serve the curry with couscous and top with chopped peanuts.
In collaboration with Etixx Ambassador Charlot Pauwels (Cook A Lot).
Fancy more recipes?